Monday, January 11, 2016

Storybook Favorites

   I love animals and ever since I got my cats, I have a new found love and affection for them. So when I stumbled upon this picture on the Tale of the Traveling Cat, it automatically intrigued me. I really like the simplicity of the black and white layout and it was really easy to navigate. I also enjoyed that the author allowed Duke the cat to enjoy various destinations. He is officially the most well cultured cat.


          I instantly gravitated towards Law and Order: SSU just from name alone. Who doesn't love a strong female like Olivia Benson? I think the author did a really good job giving each agent a position it the department, their affiliation, story, and case file. Their writing fit in really well with the theme.



         Speaking of strong female leads, Piracy: Not just for Men focuses on the women who braved high waters and proved they were just as tough as the big boys. Because of the "Pirate's Code" and men being suspicious of having women on the ship, many of these ladies had to lead double lives, hiding their true identity from their fellow mates. One was even in love with the captain of the ship.




Here is the link to the storybook I did last semester in Myth and Folklore: The Redemption Sqaud

1 comment:

  1. It was so much fun doing the screenshot of your project and adding it to the project archive, Mary! I am excited to see what you will want to do this semester, and I am guessing some people might be inspired to try Wix. I need to update those project website instructions to include a link to your Wix site and also a link to a great Weebly site that someone made in Indian Epics last semester. There are so many good options!

    ReplyDelete