Monday, January 11, 2016

Favorite Places

One of my favorite places in the world is a resort in my mother country called Plantation Bay in Cebu, Philippines. When I think about paradise, I think about this place. It has a salt water lagoon and pools for days all around the property, and the ocean and beach only a few feet away. We had a room that lead right to the water. The food was also amazing and I was able to connect with family members that I haven't seen since I was a baby. It is most definitely my favorite place in the world.
Plantation Bay

I wanted to add one of my favorite places in Norman, Juan del Fuegos! If you like Mexican food, I strongly recommend getting some good grub. I would suggest the tamale omelet special or the green chile chicken enchiladas. Does anyone have a favorite spot in town?
Green Chile Enchiladas

3 comments:

  1. How great that you have been to the Philippines, Mary! And I had wondered about your lovely family name but did not remember where your family was from: you are lucky to have an excuse to go visit such a beautiful place and connect with family. Me, I get to go to West Texas. I am guessing Cebu is a lot closer to Paradise than Midland-Odessa! But you can get some pretty good enchiladas there, I'll say that much... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    Me-oh-my! Plantation Bay looks like the ultimate paradise! I can definitely see why you chose this as one of your favorite places! I haven’t had the opportunity to travel too much, but I hope that one day I will be able to make it here. In addition to your far-off wonderland, I too love Norman cuisine! Those green chili enchiladas look absolutely delicious, although I have to admit I am somewhat addicted to Fuzzy’s (it’s hard to beat $1.50 tacos!). My friend Whitney and I go to Fuzzy’s at least once a week, and order two tacos and an order of queso to share – it’s an absolute blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the pictures on this post make me want to book a trip there as soon as possible! It really looks beautiful and I love a place with good food. I think that if I am going to go on a vacation them I want to be able to splurge on food as well.

    Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete