Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Reading Diary A: Sita Sings the Blues

I chose to watch the video Sita Sings the Blues this week because I love animated films based on readings. On one of my tech tips I even posted another Ramayana video from YouTube. I liked that in the beginning, Lakshmi (with her four arms) rises from the sea. I almost forgot that Sita was an avatar of hers. It was interesting watching two story lines unfold: the saga of Rama and the life of Nina and Dave (and the cat of course). I don't know why but the narrators who told the story of Rama were hilarious. It reminds me of that show where the four monsters in the audience ridicules the movie they are watching (what is the name? I can't remember!). "Nasa? Must be true then". Oh my gosh Rama's reaction to Sita going is missing is too much. I could not stop laughing. I like that the video pointed out that Hanuman is an avatar for Vishnu and his sole purpose for being born is to help Rama through his travels and the defeat of the Rakshamas. The narrators asked the question,"why was Rama so cold to Sita after being reunited?" Which was what all of us were asking when we got to the end of the story. Also, what is up with Dave?! Relationships are so frustrating sometimes.  They ended where Rama and Sita go back to the kingdom so I am assuming part B is about Sita's exile.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mary,
    I liked the story. It was interesting, however, it was sad because Rama and Sita did not get to stay together. Evil Ravana and his mother brought differences between them. It was a nice read and I enjoyed reading it. Keep up with the good work and I am looking forward to read more of your retelling stories.

    ReplyDelete